I don’t think I need to explain myself to a single soul when I say that taxes are TERRIFYING. Large amounts of money and laws that I don’t understand combined with the worst thing of all: a HARD AND FAST DEADLINE?!? It takes me back to high school english class, only replace “large amounts of money” with “an 8-page minimum” and “laws that I don’t understand” with “books that I didn’t read.” Sometimes I still fell bad about not reading all the way through Ethan Frome but once you understand how depressing that book is can you really fault me? But like it or not
springtime tax time is upon us, and I can’t quite use good writing skills to finagle my way out of doing my taxes. So, without further ado, here are a few Happies and Crappies: Monday Edition.
– Online shopping and ordering new business equipment! I took a few leaps this week and ordered a few of my 2013 equipment-upgrade necessities. I won’t give away anything just yet because all of my new friends will be formally introduced soon enough, but let’s just say that I’m looking forward to building my arm muscles even more during shoots and having more room for activities on my computer screen while editing. It’s all enough to have me squeal “Eee!!” every five minutes in excitement!
– THE OFFICE NOOK IS DONE! And you get to see it this week!
– This is really more of an ELATED than a Happy, but we found out last week that my sister will be having a baby boy this August!! They’re keeping the name under wraps until he’s born, but I don’t care if that boy’s name is Banana Peel, I just can’t wait to squeeze him!
It’s a… BOY!!!! So happy that my beautiful sister is a soon-to-be MOM!
– Taxes and confusing tax laws. I’d be an anxious mess if I had to deal with them all by myself, but thankfully I’ve got a fabulous accountant who keeps it all straight for me!
– Waiting for your online shopping purchases. Why hasn’t anyone development a 5-Minute Shipping option yet? This two day waiting game is the worst.
May your weeks be filled with fun, love, and more Happies than Crappies!